Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Project 33" - Match #119 - Drago, Lider & Park Jr. vs. Manson, Cibernético & Escoria

Drago, Joe Lider & La ParkAAA vs. Charly Manson, Cibernético & Escoria
20 April, 2011
Lienzo Charro de Pachuca; Pachuca, Mexico



I was always a big fan of the Barrio Boys/Dark Family matches from AAA a few years back.  In fact, when I first got a dish with AAA's Galavision program, I really liked the bottom of the card guys in AAA.  Of course, Antonio Pena was still running things back then, and while AAA was certainly different than my preferred lucha style, there was some good stuff. 

These days, I do not watch much AAA.  A few of my favorites wrestle there (LA Park, Dr. Wagner Jr.) but most of the time it is just pointless brawling and crazy sloppiness, and I just can't tolerate much of it.  However, when I heard that Barrio Boy Alan, who had been doing a pretty good job the last few years working as the masked battery advertisement "El Gato Eveready", was getting a massive push and a new gimmick, I decided to check it out. 


It was not as impressive as rumor suggested.  Although to be honest, he didn't have much to work with here.  Cibernetico is limited in what his abilities will let him do (think John Cena), while Charly Manson just always seems to mail it in in AAA.  Much like Alan in the Barrio Boys, I liked Scoria when he was a Dark Family member.  On the tecnico side, I am not a very big fan of Joe Lider or the "Mexican Ultraviolent" style at all, and I hate La ParkAAA just for being a rip-off of LA Park. 


Drago was undoubtedly pushed hard here as a big deal, got the win over an established vet, and has a lot of gimmick to his new... gimmick.  But this match didn't make me stand up and declare Drago the next Mistico (or whatever).  Hopefully we can see more in other matches, and Drago just doesn't become a bump machine for guys like CIber higher on the card...

No comments:

Post a Comment