Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Project 33 - Match #93 - Marvin vs Marufuji

Ricky Marvin vs. Naomichi Marufiji
19 February, 2011
Green Dome Sub Events Area; Maebashi, Japan



At one point in time, Ricky Marvin was seen as a sure fire main event tecnico in CMLL.  He was a pretty boy who had a spectacular style, some flashy moves, and could really work a crowd.  But, due to politics within the business, Marvin found himself working over in Japan quite a bit.  Rumor had it that Marvin was happy in Japan working for NOAH, and had also settled down in hopes of starting a family with a native woman. 

Honestly, I am more familiar with Marvin's CMLL work than anything else.  I heard that this particular match was pretty good, so I checked it out.  I cannot believe that is the same Ricky Marvin.  He looks nothing like he did five years ago. 

As far as the match goes, it just didn't really do it for me.  There were some nice false finishes towards the end, but the actual botched cradle for the winning pinfall killed it for me.  Everything else in the match seemed to be executed well, it just seemed like a run of the mill match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment