Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Project 33" - Match #70 - Marx, Hammet & Roja vs. Soul Touchaz

Joey Marx, 450 Hammet & Furia Roja vs. Marshe Rocket, Acid Jazz & Willie Richardson
16 January, 2011
Addison Arena; Addison, IL




So, yesterday I did a pretty nice write-up for this match, and broke some things down, and so on and so forth.  Then after I posted it, it seemed to disappear, and Blogger was being a dick, so I thought it was gone forever.  Lo and behold, today it was there, but only about a paragraph or two.  So, for the most part, I'm starting over here.  I do not want to be as detailed again, because I already did that once.  Sorry

However, in the interest of fairness, I will break things down a bit.  When I watched this, I had no clue which Soul Touchaz member was which.  After looking up their website, Richardson is the big one, Rockett is the tall skinny one, and Jazz is the short one.  Since I knew who Hammet was, and the fans chanted Joey Marx' name, it was easy for me to figure out the masked guy was Rojo. 

With this match taking place in a lucha based promotion, I think all six guys did a pretty damn good job of working the standard lucha format: everyone paired off early, and the tecnicos took it to them.  I do not think the heat was strong enough, however, because the Touchaz didn't play into the crowd enough. 

The heat, or the rudo beatdown, is the part of the match where the heels work the crowd into a frenzy, so that the crowd hits its peak when the tecnicos comeback.  Here, everyone pretty much ignored the crowd, even though they were just begging to be worked over.  Hell, they even chanted "No one likes you" at Jaz while hoe worked over Rojo.  At that point, Hammet and Marx should have been clapping and leading the chant, while all of the Soul Touchaz got angry at the crowd and incited them, especially Jaz.  Then, you feed Rojo for a cutoff, and the crowd will go crazy.  When the crowd is going crazy, that opens the doors for false tags and all that kind of amazing tag team stuff (since they were working a typical US-style "heat").

Now, the finish made up for the middle, as the sequence of holds and dives and spots and everything were spectacular, well timed, and pretty damned amazing.  The idea of the match is to leave the fans cheering, and they did that, even with the rudos winning.  It was a damned amazing finish.  I think any paying customer who saw that match live would walk away saying they were going to come back and check it out again, and that is what it is all about in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, and I need to talk to Carlos about getting booked in GALLI again...

No comments:

Post a Comment