Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Project 33" - Match #64 - Dark Family vs. Stones & Elegido

Scoria, Ozz & Cuervo Vs. Alan Stone, Chris Stone & El Elegido
31 May, 2010
Domo de la Feria; Leon, Mexico



This is another match on The Cubs Fan's Top 10 list for 2010. It is not on my personal top ten list.  That is not to say that I didn't like that match, because I did.  It was just too short, and had a non-sensical ending. 

Ok, I do not much AAA.  I will freely admit that.  So there may be a back story to why the tecnico, Elegido, goes and puts on a gimmicked glove and costs his team the match.  I know that the Stones turned rudo after this, so maybe this was the build to that?  I do not know.  What I do know is that when you have the good guy cheat first, he ceases to be the hero - even if his team ends up losing.  So, if the Stones ended up turning on Elegido because of shenanigans like this, well, then their actions would be justified, and they wouldnt technically be the heels here. 

I dunno.  All I know is that this match reminded me a lot of the old WCW lucha trios matches they would randomly throw out on Nitro for no real reason.  It was fast paced, everyone got in a few cool moves, there were a couple things that made you say "damn!", and then there was a pinfall.  Other than  the gimmicked finish, this match was a basic by the numbers one-fall trio match that went on a show early to get folks into things.  And the gimmicked finish was as telegraphed-Memphis-style as you can get.

What sucks is that I really like the Dark Family and Alan Stone.  When I first started watching lucha weekly on my Dish a few years back, I really enjoyed the Stone/Intocable feud, and the Dark Family/Barrio Boys matches.  Give them 15 minutes and a stronger finish, and this match coulda been pretty damn awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment